Music Instrument Rental
EVERYTHING MUSICAL in partnership with Veritas Instrument Rental Incorporated.
Affordable student music instrument rental program including:
RENT TO OWN (Default in the program):
With each payment made, you’ve been building equity in your child’s musical instrument. 100% of the Base Rent paid has been automatically applied toward the purchase. Thus, you will eventually own your instrument if your payments are continued.
For example, if your monthly Base Rent is $20 and you’ve made 12 payments, you’ve accumulated $240.00 in rent credit. In many cases, that’s over a third of the purchase price!
Many parents consider returning at the end of each school year because the summer months include a break from musical instruction (through school programs and/or private lessons). The same numbers of parents, however, do not realize that returning the instrument cancels the music instrument rental agreement and all rent credit or equity is lost. Consequently, a new music instrument rental agreement must be established when students return to their music programs in the Fall. Is your child expressing an interest in music education for next year? Be sure to ask your child of his or her continued interest before you return.
20 Simple Ways You Can Help Your Student Succeed in Music Education
- Celebrate their decision to bring music into their life and participate in a school music program.
- Read the literature brought home from school and determine what is required to get started.
- If there is an open house or parent meeting, plan to attend with your child.
- Acquire a musical instrument that is in proper playing condition. Investigate rent-to-own programs.
- Be sure your child has any required method books or learning materials prior to the first day of class.
- Provide a suitable time and place for home practice. Don’t cast them out to the garage!
- Encourage and support practice. That awful noise will only turn into beautiful music with practice.
- Develop a rapport with the music educator. Ask for their list of ways you can help your child.
- Get involved in booster and fundraising organizations. It’s quality time invested into a great cause.
- Be generous with your acknowledgements of your child’s progress. Learning to play isn’t easy!
- Don’t rule out learning to play, yourself. Music making is an extremely rewarding experience.
- Record your child’s home practices on tape/cd. Listen with them and praise their improvements.
- Enhance their interest by purchasing current/popular sheet music at your local music store.
- DO NOT, under any circumstance, miss their first public performance. This is their big day.
- Offer rewards for the tough hurdles. Research upgrade instruments when the time is right.
- If your child is struggling, don’t give up. Seek the advice of the music director and offer your help.
- Don’t push from one side, but rather support from all angles. Rally the entire family behind the effort.
- Keep the instrument in good working order. An instrument in disrepair slows your child’s progress
- Be aware of school budget hearings. Music programs are usually the first cut when cash gets tight
- Be there…
Learning to play takes patience, time and effort. Progress can be slow, at times, which can lead to frustration and lost interest. You have to remember that we’re competing with computers, video games, television, sports and time with friends. Neither your child nor their teacher can do this alone. They need your support, encouragement and participation. The rewards are well worth your investment of time & finances. Get involved and enjoy this time with your child!
Whether you’re a student, parent, educator, Veritas-Online offers a wealth of information and resources to everyone. Veritas Instrument Rental Incorporated (VIR) is dedicated to serving the school music market by providing quality, value and service to our customers and music educators.
Everything Musical, a Colaianni Music Company, in association with Veritas Instrument Rental Incorporated is proud to be an authorized dealer of Conn-Selmer, G. Leblanc, Gemeinhardt and Jupiter brass, woodwind and percussion instruments. Brand names among our offerings include Selmer, Bach, Ludwig, King, Conn, Artley, Armstrong, Benge, Hermann Beyer, Scherl & Roth, Holton, Vito, Gemeinhardt, Jupiter, Ross, Josef Reiter, Knilling, Vic Firth and more.
VIR is also a proud member of the VH1 Save the Music Foundation, The National Association of Professional Band Instrument Repair Technicians, The National Association of School Music Dealers and The National Association of Music Merchants.